Windows activation not working after rebuilding PC

Diskutiere Windows activation not working after rebuilding PC im Windows 10 Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community; Dear Community, I've completly rebuild my computer lately including a change of the processor, mainboard, and hard drive so I basicly just the...
M

MS-User

Threadstarter
Dear Community,

I've completly rebuild my computer lately including a change of the processor, mainboard, and hard drive so I basicly just the case left. To install Windows 10 Pro on the rebuild machine, I created a bootable USB stick and entered the license key of the previous installation which I extracted using a tool before, which the setup accepted, however once the installation was finished, Windows 10 told me it wasn't able to reactivate.

At this point, I'm pretty stucked since I really don't know how to active the new installation.

Finally, because the source of the Windows 10 license seems to matter, here's a little story about it's lifetime:

1. I had bought a Windows 8 Pro version at a retail store.
2. I used the license on diverse laptops I had in the past, always using the telefone activation the activate the license on the new laptop and disabling it on the old one.
3. Lastly, I build my first own laptop and installed Windows 8.1 on it, transfering the license went really smoothly.
4. I upgraded given laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, no problems.
5. I rebuild the laptop as describen above. Please note that I uninstalled the key on the old laptop using smlgr

Hopefully, one of you can helf, thanks in advance,
VincBreaker

Thema:

Windows activation not working after rebuilding PC

Windows activation not working after rebuilding PC - Ähnliche Themen

• Windows activation is not working

Windows activation is not working: Hi All, I have two laptops one lenovo ideapad and another macbook pro. I tried to install windows 10 on lenovo. After installation, due to...
  • Windows Activation Problem after transfer a system image

Windows Activation Problem after transfer a system image: Hi all, I have a computer room with 8 Computers - all have exactly the same hardware. I have installed on all computers windows 10 and activated...
  • Windows 10 - Hotkey F7 Shut-Off in Windows Desktop/Explorer to free it for Corel Capture activation

Windows 10 - Hotkey F7 Shut-Off in Windows Desktop/Explorer to free it for Corel Capture activation: Hello Community, since I changed over my WIN 7 Pro HP Elitebook 8770w to WIN10 Pro, I can't activate the Corel Capture Screenshot program anymore...
  • Windows 10 Activation

Windows 10 Activation: I've bought a laptop with pre-installed Windows 10 copy, but then completely changed the OS. Now it's Linux Mint 18.2. Is it possible to redeem my...