Windows 7 won't Install Important Updates

Diskutiere Windows 7 won't Install Important Updates im Windows 7 Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; For some time Windows 7 has stopped installing important Windows Updates - The 2 Updates failing about monthly are "Security Update for Windows 7...
  • Windows 7 won't Install Important Updates Beitrag #1
M

MS-User

Threadstarter
For some time Windows 7 has stopped installing important Windows Updates - The 2 Updates failing about monthly are "Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB[Number])" and "Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB[Number])". I have just been hiding these updates, but since they're Security Updates, it'd probably be better installing them, also it gets really annoying to always hide them and that you can't see the Windows Update timer when playing a fullscreen game.

When installing updates Windows shuts down, the normal windows update messages appear, but then when starting up again the installing updates percentage goes up to 12% - 13% and then it says "[Can't remember what it says before, if the information is needed, I'll check] Reverting updates" and then restarts again. This repeats until I hide the updates.

When I go to "Control Panel > Windows Updates > System and Security > Windows Update History > View update history" it says that the updates are pending (because I haven't hidden the latest ones yet) and beneath that, that they failed (obviously). For both updates it says "Error details: Code 80070490"

I've had this problem for a while now, so any help and even a solution would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Lorenz

Thema:

Windows 7 won't Install Important Updates

Windows 7 won't Install Important Updates - Ähnliche Themen

Error "0x80070002" trying to install "cumulative update KB4586781": Hi, after checking for updates and trying to install the cumulative update KB4586781 on Windows 10, I got the error message "0x80070002". I...
PC won't boot from recovery USB: Hello guys! I really need your help with my PC! The background story: I took my online exam and then shut down my PC. As far as I remember...
WhatsApp Desktop app continuously disappearing after pinning it to the taskbar: Good Day, since a few days I constantly experience an issue that I never had before: When I pin the WhatsApp Desktop app from the Windows Store...
Driver update loop.: Hi, Today I was trying to update the drivers I had 2 GPU´s AMD Radeon Vega graphics and AMD Radeon RX 560X I downloaded the latest drivers for rx...
Windows 10 May Update 2004 for Arm64 (Surface Pro X) error 0x8024a205: Hi. My Surface Pro X has in Windows Update the "Funktionsupdate for Windows 10, Version 2004". But when I try to install it, I get a message...
Oben