Windows 7 won't Install Important Updates

Diskutiere Windows 7 won't Install Important Updates im Windows 7 Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; For some time Windows 7 has stopped installing important Windows Updates - The 2 Updates failing about monthly are "Security Update for Windows 7...
M

MS-User

Threadstarter
For some time Windows 7 has stopped installing important Windows Updates - The 2 Updates failing about monthly are "Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB[Number])" and "Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB[Number])". I have just been hiding these updates, but since they're Security Updates, it'd probably be better installing them, also it gets really annoying to always hide them and that you can't see the Windows Update timer when playing a fullscreen game.

When installing updates Windows shuts down, the normal windows update messages appear, but then when starting up again the installing updates percentage goes up to 12% - 13% and then it says "[Can't remember what it says before, if the information is needed, I'll check] Reverting updates" and then restarts again. This repeats until I hide the updates.

When I go to "Control Panel > Windows Updates > System and Security > Windows Update History > View update history" it says that the updates are pending (because I haven't hidden the latest ones yet) and beneath that, that they failed (obviously). For both updates it says "Error details: Code 80070490"

I've had this problem for a while now, so any help and even a solution would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Lorenz

Thema:

Windows 7 won't Install Important Updates

Windows 7 won't Install Important Updates - Ähnliche Themen

• Windows Insider Programm

Windows Insider Programm: Moin, wenn ich im Insider Programm auf Release Preview stelle und ich das Konto vernüpfe, steht es zwar für einige Zeit da, aber wenn ich das...
  • Windows Insider Programm

Windows Insider Programm: Moin, wenn ich im Insider Programm auf Release Preview stelle und ich das Konto vernüpfe, steht es zwar für einige Zeit da, aber wenn ich das...
  • Windows Spotlight won't change the picture

Windows Spotlight won't change the picture: Hi there, I got a HP notebook with Windows 10 and since half a month Windows Spotlight is broken and won't change the picture. I already...
  • Windows 10 won't shut down or restart

Windows 10 won't shut down or restart: Hello dear Microsoft community! After a fresh install of the newest version of W10, the only way to shutdown my PC is via pressing the power...
  • Windows 7 won't boot. Error 0xc0000098

Windows 7 won't boot. Error 0xc0000098: Dear Microsoft Community, I've recently formated my PCs drive and reinstalled Windows 7. After trying to boot the newly installed OS for the...