Using Unicode symbols with Microsoft Surface Book

Diskutiere Using Unicode symbols with Microsoft Surface Book im Surface Book / Pro Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community; Hi everybody, is there a smart person out there who might help me on this one? Problem: I use a Microsoft Surface Book with German keyboard...
M

MS-User

Threadstarter
Hi everybody,

is there a smart person out there who might help me on this one?

Problem: I use a Microsoft Surface Book with German keyboard layout. I'm having difficulties with entering any Unicode symbols such as for example "ë". I never experienced this problem with other laptops.

How did I get the "ë" here? Well, copy + paste. Yep, that's very unhandy.

How was I expecting it to work (and how it doesn't work on my Surface Book): ALT+137
Other Unicode shortcuts seem not to work either.

Funny enough, when I use an external keyboard with a dedicated numbers pad, the Unicode shortscuts work just fine.

What I am doing wrong? This Surface Book is giving me so much trouble...

Best regards and thanks,

Bart

Thema:

Using Unicode symbols with Microsoft Surface Book

Using Unicode symbols with Microsoft Surface Book - Ähnliche Themen

• If you are using Windows Update, the latest SSU (KB4541338) will be offered to you automatically.

If you are using Windows Update, the latest SSU (KB4541338) will be offered to you automatically.: Hallo, mein Computer nutzt Windows Update, bekommt aber das oben erwähnte SSU nicht angeboten und kann die Kumulativen Qualitätsupdates nicht...
  • Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when using another, what's the problem?

Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when using another, what's the problem?: So I connected my PC to this wifi router (it's a Fritz!box 7590) for the first time and for some reason it can't even reach a speed of 100 Kbit/s...
  • Using 3 Monitors Simultaneously? Problems in the BIOS setup for Intel HD Graphics

Using 3 Monitors Simultaneously? Problems in the BIOS setup for Intel HD Graphics: Dear all, I am trying to use two external monitors in addition to my internal laptop screen. One is connected via VGA, the one is connected via...

Log in using hardware key: Good evening, I just got a Google Titan 2FA hardware security key. Is there any way to log into Windows 10 (local account) with this key...