Using Unicode symbols with Microsoft Surface Book

Diskutiere Using Unicode symbols with Microsoft Surface Book im Surface Book / Pro Forum im Bereich Surface Book / Pro; Hi everybody, is there a smart person out there who might help me on this one? Problem: I use a Microsoft Surface Book with German keyboard...
M

MS-User

Threadstarter
Hi everybody,

is there a smart person out there who might help me on this one?

Problem: I use a Microsoft Surface Book with German keyboard layout. I'm having difficulties with entering any Unicode symbols such as for example "ë". I never experienced this problem with other laptops.

How did I get the "ë" here? Well, copy + paste. Yep, that's very unhandy.

How was I expecting it to work (and how it doesn't work on my Surface Book): ALT+137
Other Unicode shortcuts seem not to work either.

Funny enough, when I use an external keyboard with a dedicated numbers pad, the Unicode shortscuts work just fine.

What I am doing wrong? This Surface Book is giving me so much trouble...

Best regards and thanks,

Bart

Thema:

Using Unicode symbols with Microsoft Surface Book

Using Unicode symbols with Microsoft Surface Book - Ähnliche Themen

• Server Error: 401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the cre

Server Error: 401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the cre: Server Error: 401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the...
  • Email von Microsoft Exchange Server - Retrieval using the IMAP4 protocol failed for the following me

Email von Microsoft Exchange Server - Retrieval using the IMAP4 protocol failed for the following me: Hallo, ich synchronisiere meine Emails, Kontakte, Kalender und Aufgaben über MS Exchange Server. Funktioniert auch ganz gut, aber immer wenn...
  • Email von Microsoft Exchange Server - Retrieval using the IMAP4 protocol failed for the following me

Email von Microsoft Exchange Server - Retrieval using the IMAP4 protocol failed for the following me: Hallo, ich synchronisiere meine Emails, Kontakte, Kalender und Aufgaben über MS Exchange Server. Funktioniert auch ganz gut, aber immer wenn...
  • Using the pen for powerpoint presentation

Using the pen for powerpoint presentation: The documentation says that I can use the pen with the Surface to "page forward" and "page back" when presenting a PPT preso. How do I set up that...
  • Surface Pro blanks out while using OneNote

Surface Pro blanks out while using OneNote: hello, Item is a surface pro (2017) with black type cover, Office 365 Home (German) bought dec 14 2017 (student offering from MS) for student...