Unwanted Software installs Firefox/Chrome addon and cannot be disabled or removed and reinstalls itself

Diskutiere Unwanted Software installs Firefox/Chrome addon and cannot be disabled or removed and reinstalls itself im Viren und Schadsoftware Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community; Hello! I recently installed an Android emulator called "Andy" and with it came a lot of other things that installed themselves on my PC (win7)...
M

MS-User

Threadstarter
Hello!

I recently installed an Android emulator called "Andy" and with it came a lot of other things that installed themselves on my PC (win7) (despite me customizing the installation and unchecking everything).

I removed most things manually, but one thing remained and I cannot seem to get rid of it. It is a browser extension that ALWAYS reinstalls and restarts itself in both Chrome/Firefox. I cannot disable it and I cannot remove it. In Firefox it says that the add-on has been side loaded via the Windows/Installer folder (C:\Windows\Installer\{B28AF4A4-C997-4A5B-A111-FD1E65138A8D}). In general, it is an addon-file called "{02E337C0-4D70-452D-AA64-92D0A8C5D953}.xpi" that has literally all permissions and seems to change the top 4 search results and replaces them with links to something else, which I strongly dislike.

It is just called "2.4.9" and has an invisible icon. It further makes lots of changes to the

What I already tried:
  • Factory reset of the browser
  • Uninstalling all Software I recently installed on my PC
  • Running the microsoft safety scanne in full
  • Running spybot S&D
  • Running Avira
  • Running Malwarebytes
  • Running TDSSkiller
  • Running ADWcleaner

I- further deleted the registry entry that includes the xpi-file name "02E337C0-4D70-452D-AA64-92D0A8C5D953", but it keeps setting itself new.

- I also followed the side load location to the installer folder and removed the XPI-file manually, but it keeps coming back after every system restart.

- I did the Reset and clean up "check for harmful software"

- I did the reset to default

I am honestly completely out of ideas and feel like I tried literally everything. It is obviously some application on my OS that has administrator rights that I cannot find or remove and no anti malware program I know of can find it.

Can someone here help me?

Sincerely
Flau

Thema:

Unwanted Software installs Firefox/Chrome addon and cannot be disabled or removed and reinstalls itself

Unwanted Software installs Firefox/Chrome addon and cannot be disabled or removed and reinstalls itself - Ähnliche Themen

Error "0x80070002" trying to install "cumulative update KB4586781": Hi, after checking for updates and trying to install the cumulative update KB4586781 on Windows 10, I got the error message "0x80070002". I...
WhatsApp Desktop app continuously disappearing after pinning it to the taskbar: Good Day, since a few days I constantly experience an issue that I never had before: When I pin the WhatsApp Desktop app from the Windows Store...
Android Emulator Causes Windows 10 Crash and goes to BSOD: Hi, I have a problem with running Android Emulator in my Visual Studio. I am using Visual Studio 2019 and I have created just a blank simple...
Surface Pro 4 can't find Windows: Hello everyone, i have problems with my Surface Pro 4. I use Onenote a lot and till now it worked fine, but since a week the Surface crashed...
Windows Store gone, can´t reinstall?? / Windows Store verschwunden, kann nicht neu installieren??: For some reason my Microsoft Store has disapeared and I can´t even find the parts of it, that are supposed to be reset/whatever on my System...
Oben