Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Wi-Fi speed problems

Diskutiere Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Wi-Fi speed problems im Surface Book / Pro Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community; Hello community I have a problem with the built in "marvell avastar" wifi card in my Surface Pro 6. When I connect to my 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network...
M

MS-User

Threadstarter
Hello community

I have a problem with the built in "marvell avastar" wifi card in my Surface Pro 6.

When I connect to my 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network the speed I get right next to the accesspoint at best is 144Mbit in "Network Devices -> Wi-Fi - > Status". So the Surface is basically connecting at 2 chains of 20Mhz bandwidth, while the AP is capable of 2 chains of 40Mhz bandwidth which would be 300Mbit. For example my HP laptop easily does that on the same AP where my Surface only does 144Mbit.

So after many hours of research on several forums on the internet such as this one, I manged to make my Surface now show in "Network Devices -> Wi-Fi - > Status" it is connecting at 300Mbit, but unfortunately the AP still only talks to the Surface at 144Mbit. I also confirmed this with real speed tests. And it can't be the AP's fault because it talks at 300Mbit to my HP Laptop.

To achieve this I changed the following registry entry from "ff" to "2"

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\mrvlpcie8897\ChannelBandwidth

Also I have installed all updates in Windows Update except the May 2020 creators update. And in Device Manager I tried to update the driver for the wifi card, but the newest version is already installed. The driver version is: 15.68.17018.116

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes

Thema:

Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Wi-Fi speed problems

Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Wi-Fi speed problems - Ähnliche Themen

Surface Pro 4 can't find Windows: Hello everyone, i have problems with my Surface Pro 4. I use Onenote a lot and till now it worked fine, but since a week the Surface crashed...
Update Surface Dock 1 with Surface_Dock_FwUpdate_*.MSI: Hi all! I want to update my surface dock 1 to use it with surface pro 7, but the update folder (Download Surface Tools for IT from Official...
Surface Pro 4 can't find Windows / Surface findet Windows nicht: Hallo zusammen, da die Website auf der ich vorher war, auf Englisch war, habe ich meine Frage zunächst auf Englisch geschrieben. Jetzt wo hier...
Surface Keyboard - How can I connect it at startup so I can use it in BIOS and other OS (without reconnecting it in Windows again): Hello! I have the microsoft surface ergonomic keyboard. I'd like to use it in Ubuntu and Windows at the same time without messing with the...
surface 7 pro-after 30 seconds type-cover goes into standby: Hi all, I need help! I bought a new Surface Pro 7 with a type cover. But if I don't use the type-cover for around 30 seconds, it doesn't...
Oben