Group Policy Error - Failed to read data with 38

Diskutiere Group Policy Error - Failed to read data with 38 im Windows 10 Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community; Hi folks, we have a strange issue with GPOs. Problem: During gpupdate /force the settings in Registry will be deleted. Repro: 1.Create a...

MS-User

Threadstarter
Hi folks,
we have a strange issue with GPOs.

Problem:
During gpupdate /force the settings in Registry will be deleted.

Repro:
1.Create a hive under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies
2. Do gpupdate /force
3. Check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies
Error: the hive removed
Good: the hive NOT removed

I have one good and one bad client - it seems that the bad clients are in one specific OU.

Steps done:

Debugging was enabled:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Diagnostics]
"GPSvcDebugLevel"=dword:00030002
Created the folder %windir%\debug\usermode

In the logfile the important part:

ProcessGPOList:++ Entering for extension Registrierung
ProcessGPOList: Passing in the force refresh flag to Extension Registrierung
LogExtSessionStatus: Successfully logged Extension Session data
GPLockPolicySection: Sid = (null), dwTimeout = 60000, dwFlags = 0x42
Registry Sync Lock Called
Writer Lock got immediately.
Registry Lock taken successfully
ResetPolicies: Entering.
SetPolicyOwnerOnKey: Setting owner on reg key on .
ParseRegistryFile: Entering with .
DeleteRegistryValue: Deleted Software\Policies\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\PUAProtection
DeleteRegistryValue: Deleted Software\Policies\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\DisableLocalAdminMerge
(... here comes a lot of similar stuff)
DeleteRegistryValue: Deleted SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List\C:\ProgramData\xxxxx\systemdaten\Interface\HuaSupport\HuaSupport.exe:*:Enabled:xxxSupportW10
DeleteRegistryValue: Deleted SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List\C:\ProgramData\xxxxxx\engine\php5\php.exe: :*:Enabled:PHPW10
DeleteRegistryValue: Deleted SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile\GloballyOpenPorts\AllowUserPrefMerge
DeleteRegistryValue: Deleted SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile\GloballyOpenPorts\Enabled
ParseRegistryFile: Failed to read data with 38
ParseRegistryFile: Leaving.
ResetPolicies: ParseRegistryFile failed with error 13. deleting policy keys
AddPolicyPermissionOnKey: Setting permission on reg key on .

Error 38 translates to
Ende der Datei (EOF) erreicht. // Reached the end of the file

Windows Defender was deactivated > same error
A bad computer was moved to another OU > fixed

OS is Windows 10, 1703

Process Monitor: shows that there are write ops to this file, and before the last two write a read operation which fails. But actually in the logs I can see that the OS tried to lock the file exclusively - and this was accepted...

Any help appreciated!!!

Gabor

Thema:

Group Policy Error - Failed to read data with 38

Group Policy Error - Failed to read data with 38 - Ähnliche Themen

A critical system process, C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code 1073741819: Hi, since 05.07.2020 my Laptop HP Pavilion always reboots with the following message: Sometimes the user cant login and there is only the...
inplace Upgrade Windows 10 from 1709 to 1809 faild: We have to Upgrade aprox 2000 client computers from Windows 10 1709 to 1809. We want to Upgrade this computers with an inplace upgrade. I have...
Issue since a year! Occasionally I do not receive e-mails from unknown senders. @Microsoft please help!: Hi, I tried to solve this issue since months already ... What I use: Hotmail address on web-frontend outlook.com (browser or device doesn't...
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 kann nicht install. werden: Hi liebe Community, ich habe Vorgestern mein Windows neu aufgesetzt. Leider bekommen ich nun bei der Installation von neuen Programmen den...
Check if my Windows 10 license is valid: First and foremost, I bought my license with the PC which I got directly from Lenovo. No shady third parties involved, not a refurbished version...
Oben