Can't enter password in Windows 10 (automatic dots appear)

Diskutiere Can't enter password in Windows 10 (automatic dots appear) im Windows 10 Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community; Hi everyone, I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. It was completely fine until 3 months ago when I accidentally dropped...
M

MS-User

Threadstarter
Hi everyone,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. It was completely fine until 3 months ago when I accidentally dropped some wine on the keyboard which stopped working next morning. I purchased an external keyboard and followed some instructions online to disable the laptop keyboard by going to device manager and disabling some driver which I don't even remember now.

I really need to use my laptop again to access my data on my laptop and hence need help.
On login Windows just enters a series of dots and then stops at one point. The enter on the external keyboard works so I'm sure that the external keyboard is connected and functional. The problem is that I can't take away the dots or enter anything else. I tried Windows safe mode as well. It's the same issue.

So question 1: how do I get to the point whee I can actually enter the password and be able to login

Question 2: I most probably don't remember my recently changed Windows login password and I'm not even sure if I changed it, since I did change my passwords for some accountstrange a few months back. So I would need some help on resetting my windows login password too, in case I changed it.

Thanks

Thema:

Can't enter password in Windows 10 (automatic dots appear)

Can't enter password in Windows 10 (automatic dots appear) - Ähnliche Themen

• My windows 10 is not activated anymore and can't be re-activated

My windows 10 is not activated anymore and can't be re-activated: Hey, I have a strange problem. My updating is acting up and my windows 10 pro is not activated anymore. I've tried a lot so far, which I will...
  • Can't log into Xbox Profile - should I delete Microsoft account?

Can't log into Xbox Profile - should I delete Microsoft account?: Hi there, I have a problem with my Xbox profile. I have a Microsoft account and changed my email address. Since then I can't get into any of my...
  • Windows10 - Can't connect to ad-hoc network

Windows10 - Can't connect to ad-hoc network: Hi, I created a network using an ad-hoc communication on a computer with Windows 7 in order to do some wireless printing (the buildings networks...
  • runtime error 429 Active x component can't create objekt

runtime error 429 Active x component can't create objekt: Was kann ich bei runtime error 429 Active x component can't create objekt tun?
  • Can't enter password in Windows 10 (automatic dots appear)

Can't enter password in Windows 10 (automatic dots appear): Hi everyone, I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. It was completely fine until 3 months ago when I accidentally dropped...