Can the Surface be configured to hibernate automatically after e.g. two hours, if it is in sleep mode with the lid closed?

Diskutiere Can the Surface be configured to hibernate automatically after e.g. two hours, if it is in sleep mode with the lid closed? im Surface Book / Pro Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community; Sleep is faster to wake up than hibernate. During a work day, when I go from one meeting to the next, it is convenient that the surface starts...
M

MS-User

Threadstarter
Sleep is faster to wake up than hibernate. During a work day, when I go from one meeting to the next, it is convenient that the surface starts fast when I quickly have to look up something; thus I just close the lid and it goes to sleep. The last time I use it during the day, I send it to hibernate. I do not usually take it out at home during the night or the weekend for charging. I charge it when I do longer work in my office, and the battery is below ~50%. Works very well for me.

However, if I forget to actively put it to sleep mode at the end of the day, a weekend in sleep mode will empty the battery. On Monday morning, I have to find a power outlet in the first meeting, and in a plane or train it is entirely useless. The Microsoft Help says that the device goes from sleep to hibernate automatically if the battery comes to critical level. This I can confirm. However, draing the battery until it is prectically empty is not the smartest choice in my opinion. An option like "With lid closed, go from sleep to hibernate after 2 hours" would be very useful. Is such an option available, maybe as an app?

Thema:

Can the Surface be configured to hibernate automatically after e.g. two hours, if it is in sleep mode with the lid closed?

Can the Surface be configured to hibernate automatically after e.g. two hours, if it is in sleep mode with the lid closed? - Ähnliche Themen

• Surface 3 Pro Uefi/Bios Passwort zurücksetzen

Surface 3 Pro Uefi/Bios Passwort zurücksetzen: Liebe Community, liebe IT-Spezialisten, liebe Neerds, liebes Microsoft Support Team, ich habe bei einem bekannten Online-Auktionshaus ein...
  • Surface Pen Stiftabkürzungen

Surface Pen Stiftabkürzungen: Hallo Community, Ich habe in den Stifteinstellungen eingestellt, dass wenn ich einmal klicke sich One Note öffnet, zwei mal Opera Browser GX...
  • Surface Laptop 3 - zurücksetzen geht nicht

Surface Laptop 3 - zurücksetzen geht nicht: Hallo Das Gerät sollte zur Weitergabe vollständig zurückgesetzt werden. Das zurücksetzen wird aber jeweils zwischen 23 / 27% abgebrochen...
  • Surface Laptop 3 - zurücksetzen geht nicht

Surface Laptop 3 - zurücksetzen geht nicht: Hallo Das Gerät sollte zur Weitergabe vollständig zurückgesetzt werden. Das zurücksetzen wird aber jeweils zwischen 23 / 27% abgebrochen...
  • Surface Book 2 und verschiedene Surface Docks

Surface Book 2 und verschiedene Surface Docks: Hallo liebes Microsoft Team, langsam bin ich etwas genervt und weiß auch nicht was zu tun ist. Ich verwende ein Surface Book 2 (aktuelle...