Allocate more RAM for drive cache on Windows 7

Diskutiere Allocate more RAM for drive cache on Windows 7 im Windows 7 Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; Hello community, this might be a special case question. I'm running a Windows 7 NAS with Intel RST and Raid 5 on 4 disks. It happens that I...

MS-User

Threadstarter
Hello community,

this might be a special case question.

I'm running a Windows 7 NAS with Intel RST and Raid 5 on 4 disks.

It happens that I write a lot of data to the Raid, which is naturally very slow (20MB/s). To get more performance I choose Write-back as cache method in RST. For short writes this gives me the whole network speed (around 100MB/s), but on longer writing processes, sooner or later, it falls back to a very slow level.

Having a closer look to the NAS system, I recognized a portion of RAM which grows during file writes until it hit around 1GB. This is exactly the time the speed is dropping.

Since I have plenty of spare RAM, I ask if there is any way to increase the drive cache size in the RAM?

I hope for answers, thank you!

*Martin

Thema:

Allocate more RAM for drive cache on Windows 7

Allocate more RAM for drive cache on Windows 7 - Ähnliche Themen

Windows update on October 20, 2020: Yesterday evening was an update on Windows. When I logged on today I had no more access to my NAS server. I spent the day trying to find out what...
surface 7 pro-after 30 seconds type-cover goes into standby: Hi all, I need help! I bought a new Surface Pro 7 with a type cover. But if I don't use the type-cover for around 30 seconds, it doesn't...
Disk Space not freed after uninstalling a game on xbox app on windows.: Hello, i uninstalled the game Final Fantasy 15 via xbox app on windows, but the 80+GB disk space were not being freed. I looked in the...
Takes too long to open Excel files from network drive: Hi all, To open Excel files from network drive takes about 35 sec. after the initial login. But after that, I can open excel files from the...
Error "0x80070002" trying to install "cumulative update KB4586781": Hi, after checking for updates and trying to install the cumulative update KB4586781 on Windows 10, I got the error message "0x80070002". I...
Oben