Accidentally changed the email address associated with a Windows Live Account and need to get back t

Diskutiere Accidentally changed the email address associated with a Windows Live Account and need to get back t im Outlook.com Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community; My son accidentally put in his own email address as the *primary* address for my wife's Windows Live (including her Hotmail!) account. Previously...
M

MS-User

Threadstarter
My son accidentally put in his own email address as the *primary* address for my wife's Windows Live (including her Hotmail!) account. Previously it was associated with her @hotmail.com address. And now we can only access the account using my son's email address/password, and my wife's does not work any more... at all.

We can still send emails from her Hotmail account but while they arrive showing HER name... they show HIS email address. And the account cannot receive any emails at all. Following a post I just read, we removed her email address as an *alias* where it landed when he put in his own email address as the primary. But then when we try to add her address back in again, we get a message that this cannot be done because it is a "protected domain."

So basically now my wife cannot receive any more emails (at all) and when she sends them, they appear to be coming from my son's account under her name. This is obviously not a good situation.

How do we re-establish HER @hotmail.com address as the primary address for her Windows Live account?

Thanks for any help, it's a hairy problem!

Pat Gifford
Munich

Thema:

Accidentally changed the email address associated with a Windows Live Account and need to get back t

Accidentally changed the email address associated with a Windows Live Account and need to get back t - Ähnliche Themen

• Windows [Registry Editor] Accidentally deleted Auto Run

Windows [Registry Editor] Accidentally deleted Auto Run: Hello, today I accidentally deleted the Auto Run File located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor because of an error with...
  • I accidentally deleated my OS (Windows 10)

I accidentally deleated my OS (Windows 10): I accidentally deleated my OS (Windows 10) when trying to wipe the free disk space. My laptop is a Lenovo Z470, 64 bits, which I upgraded last...
  • SetupHost.exe changed or moved? Wie löse ich dieses Problem?

SetupHost.exe changed or moved? Wie löse ich dieses Problem?: Ugrade zu Window 10 version 1607 funktionier nicht!
  • name vom Konto ändern / email gehen raus aber ich bekomme keine

name vom Konto ändern / email gehen raus aber ich bekomme keine: Hallo liebes Microsoft team, ich habe 2 anliegen: 1. ich habe ein Firmenprofil und habe als Kontoname allerdings einen eigenen Namen angegeben...